Area9 IT Solutions is a well-known, innovative and dynamic IT solutions and service-delivery company based in Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia, with over 500 clients.
Our locally based Cloud Data Centre provides the interoperability, functionality, security and reliability that customers expect.
Do you enjoy the challenges of designing, building and managing data networking solutions?
Area9 is seeking the expertise of a talented Senior Network Engineer with strong technical expertise in Data Centre technologies, on a full time permanent basis.
In this role you will:
- Design, implement and troubleshoot both LAN/WAN Infrastructures
- Be responsible for the administration, management and maintenance of the Data Centre networking infrastructure;
- Proactively manage growth of the Data Centre networking infrastructure with a focus on reliability and dependability ensuring 24x7 availability;
- Identify and drive process and efficiency improvements in the Data Centre networking environment;
- Ensure best practices in network security and intrusion detection and prevention;
- Provide presales support as required - Assess customer environments and requirements and design world-class networking solutions, leveraging best practices and best-of-breed technologies;
- Coordinate with vendors and team members for installation of such items as networking infrastructure;
- 3-5 years’ experience in IT network environment support, design and implementation.
- 3 years’ experience in IT support of Microsoft Windows Server. Desktop and Application software environments.
- Wide experience in client management.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting WAN, LAN and wireless networks, wireless LANs, firewalls, VPNs and routing technologies.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of switches, routers, firewalls and redundant networking.
This job is for you if you are self-motivated, have a positive, client-focused attitude, the ability to work under pressure and able to work as part of a team. Strong organisational and time management skills, ability to work autonomously, think laterally and solve technical problems while maintaining attention to detail is also required.
- Cisco Associate and Professional Certifications: CCNA and CCNP.
- Specialisations such as Cisco Wireless Specialisation, VOIP Specialisation or suitable industry experience is also desirable.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or similar industry qualification/experience favourably considered.
- System Administration experience and/or qualifications such as Microsoft, VMware, Citrix will also be favourably considered.
You must hold a valid driver's license, you will either have a current NT Driver’s license or be able to obtain same within 2 months of commencing with Area9 and you must have a reliable motor vehicle.
Area9 has a passion for staff development and you'll have an opportunity to achieve relevant industry certifications with training provided by Area9. Salary will be commensurate with your skills, qualifications and experience.
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org;
We would love to hear from you by 5 May 2016.